Creating the Music Video
Starts August 19
2 sessions: Saturday–Sunday, August 19–20, 10 am–6 pm
Be part of a high-functioning, professional model crew to create a music video for the Minneapolis-based band The Rope. From inception to final polished product, students will work side-by-side with industry professionals and learn:
- The history and appreciation of the music video art form
- How to create and pitch a professional music video treatment
- How to develop their own music video concepts in creating a professional presentation
- How to script and storyboard a video concept
- Basic production teamwork, crew positions, and job specialties
- How to use Adobe Premiere Pro CC editing software in creating a stylized music video
Basic video production skills obtained through IFP MN’s Cinema Production Basics course or equivalent experience required. View the class video created for Carnage The Executioner’s song “Minnesota Mean” from our summer 2015 class here.
Tuition: $270 regular/$205 member/$155 low-income
Paul von Stoetzel has directed over 30 short films/music videos and as many plays in the Twin Cities area, including his feature documentary, SNUFF: A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT KILLING ON CAMERA, which has won numerous awards while also receiving major North American distribution, as did his second documentary SCRAP. His company Killing Joke Films is now preparing the literary adaptation of acclaimed writer Ed Kurtz’s horror novel BLEED into a episodic series for 2017 as original content for SeekaTV. Read the City Pages article about the Symone Smash-It video that Paul directed (and view it) here.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full to be valid. Registrations are accepted beyond registration deadlines as long as space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, IFP MN may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund by PayPal or charge card credit (for phone or in person credit card registrations) within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another course if scheduled in the same calendar year.
For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.