IFP Minnesota offers nearly 100 courses each year in the art, business, and technology of media making. IFP Minnesota’s annual Midwest Filmmaker Conference and Master Classes connect media artists to industry leaders and innovators from around the country. “Best Filmmaking Classes and Workshops in Minnesota” –WCCO/CBS. Become an IFP MN member and receive 25% off all classes and workshops!
Our facility provides a casual, intimate teaching environment that fosters direct interaction with instructors and classmates. We keep the enrollment limit low on most classes for this reason. Our experienced, skilled instructors are working professionals in the industry who genuinely enjoy teaching. They make every effort to ensure that each student’s individual needs are met while providing a fun and relaxed educational experience.
Click on the image below to view the short documentary produced by our spring 2016 Documentary Production class, Carl Eller – The Hunt for Self-Expression, official selection, 2017 Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival.
Carl Eller meets with IFP students at his home.
IFP MN offers a low-income tuition price option for classes and workshops. We define a low-income household as follows:
- Household of one with a total annual income of $25,000 or less
- Household of two or more with a total annual income of $45,000 or less
Class Completion Acknowledgment
IFP Minnesota offers nonaccredited class completion acknowledgment for any course in recognition of student attendance and participation. Please notify your instructor at the first class session if this is desired. You will be expected to attend all sessions, and complete any applicable course work.
IFP MN Class Registration Guidelines
- Registration deadlines are listed with class descriptions (click on title). You may register online, in person at IFP MN, or by phone with a credit card at 651.644.1912. Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full to be valid. Registrations are accepted beyond registration deadlines as long as space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, IFP MN may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund by PayPal or charge card credit (for phone or in person credit card registrations) within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.